Hide your secret files INSIDE photos, videos or other files with OmniHide PRO.
If you’re looking for a ultra-simple way to keep a backup of some important folders on your Windows system on a more reliable storage media, MS has a small utility – SyncToy – which can do this for you.
SyncToy 2.1 is a free application that synchronizes files and folders between locations. Typical uses include sharing files, such as photos, with other computers and creating backup copies of files and folders.
Getting SyncToy to do its mojo is simple. You basically create folder pairs. Any changes on one of them (left) will be reflected on the other (right). Once a pair has been created, you can run a Preview which tell you what actions would be performed without actually doing it, or you can Run the synchronization.
The left folder could be a local folder and the right folder could be a destination on a USB/flash/thumb drive, an external hard disk or a network share from another computer.
You can Synchronize, Echo or Contribute the folder-pairs.
• Synchronize – The new updated files would be copied both ways – left to right and right to left. Same applies for renames/deletes on any side.
• Echo – New updated files are copied only from the left to right. Renames/Deletes on left are echoed on to the right.
• Contribute – New updated files are copied only from the left to right. Renames on left are echoed on to the right. No deletions are made on right.
- Simple User Interface, easy to get around
- True Folder Sync and folder-pair renaming
- Batch execute all sync jobs in one go
- Provision to delete updated files to recycle bin, exclude filetypes from sync and check file contents before syncing
- No way to make it run in the background and make changes/updates on-the-fly
- Lacks advanced features
- Have to use windows scheduler to schedule syncs. No agent.
Get SyncToy 2.1 from Microsoft Download Center (2.9MiB/Windows)
Allway Sync – Yet another Free File Sync tool for windows (very similar to SyncToy) that syncs files or folders between desktop PCs, laptops, USB drives, remote FTP/SFTP servers and other online data storage media.
Visit Homepage: http://allwaysync.com/ to download.